Evaluating MongoDB with GraphQL
It is a NoSQL Database.
- Provides User Authentication and Authorization.
- The following types are available
- Collection Level permissions can be configured as follows. Templates are available to quickly do that configuration or you can do that using a configuration file.
- Anonymous Read and Write access to collection
- The user who wrote and only that user can read.
- Integrates well with Apollo Client due to the client's flexibility to integrate with any GraphQL endpoint.
- Inbuilt GraphQL IDE(GraphiQL)
- Automatic GraphQL Schema Generation
- It has everything figured out
- Collection of Documents
- Single Document
- Website Hosting - You can host your front end there.
- You can avoid backend completely and directly use HTTP(3rd party integration) to define your REST endpoints.
Points to Note
- All collections across all databases under a cluster are served through a single GraphQL endpoint.